Call for Abstracts
The EFMC Young Scientists Network invites you to take part in the first EFMC Virtual Poster Session, open to all and free to attend.
All participants are invited to register and submit abstracts for poster presentations. The submitted abstracts will be reviewed for their acceptance by the Organising Committee. The accepted abstracts will be published in the electronic book of abstracts and authors will be invited to upload their virtual poster for display and discussion in the Virtual Poster Hall.
Please note that your registration is required to access abstract submission.
You will always receive an acknowledgement of your abstract submission. If you do not receive anything, please call us on +32 10 45 47 77 or send us an email to secretariat@LDOrganisation.com, to make sure we have received your abstract.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstracts must be submitted via the Abstract Submission tool available under the Registration menu on this website.
In order to submit your abstract, select “Abstract submission” under the “Registration” menu. Log in using your registration number (received upon registration) as well as your e-mail address. Select “Abstract Submission” and “Add”.
- Paste the title of your abstract in upper cases in the field “Subject”.
- Select whether you agree to be selected for an oral communication (if applicable) [Save].
- Under “Authors”, add the number of authors and click on [Add authors]. Fill in each author’s firstname and lastname and tick the main author. If no author is ticked, the submitter will automatically be selected as main author.
- Add the author’s full address(es) under “Author’s affiliations and addresses”. If several addresses are used, please add reference numbers between brackets at the end of each author’s name to refer to the corresponding author’s affiliation.
- Paste your abstract text in the field “Abstract content” (text only)
- To insert a picture, place your cursor into the text where a picture should appear and click on [Insert Image tag]. You can use several images.
- Under “Pictures”, add the number of images to be inserted and click on [Add files]. Browse your computer to attach the right images. (Please note that if the image is too large, it will be reduced to the A4 page size. If the image is smaller, it will keep its size. Please make sure the image quality is 300 dpi).
- Under “References”, add the number of references and click on [Add references]. Fill in the number of the references and the reference texts.
- A temporary number (TempXX) is assigned to your abstract for communication purposes. Please be aware that the definitive Poster or OC number will be communicated in your last information e-mail 1 week before the event.
- Click on [save]
- Click on “PDF preview” to check the result. Please note that the abstract should be one page maximum. Therefore, only the first page on the preview will be taken into account. If the preview shows more than one page, please adapt your page accordingly so that it fits into one page.
- You can update your abstract if necessary and save or preview as many times as needed.
The pdf will be inserted in the book of abstract as shown on the preview. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to fill in all data correctly and completely. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
You can have access to your abstract via the website and make changes to it, until submission deadline, by using your registration number and email address as indicated at registration.
Poster Submission Guidelines
Once your abstract is accepted, you will be invited to upload your poster via the "My Registration" menu.
- Your poster should be a one page PDF, in 16:9 landscape format. You will be asked to enter a few keywords describing your research.
- Deadline for free abstract submission: August 15, 2020 | 24:00 CET August 25, 2020 | 24:00 CET
- After August 25 and until September 1, 2020 | 24:00 CET, abstracts can still be submitted, but with a handling fee of 50,00€
- Participants will be notified of their abstract acceptance by email between August 15 and September 1, 2020, depending on their abstract submission date
- All Posters should be submitted by September 6, 2020 | 24:00 CET
- The Virtual Poster Hall will be accessible from September 7, 2020 | 09:00 CET until September 11, 2020 | 09:00 CET
- The Virtual Poster Session will go live on September 9 | 09:00 CET, and will be running for 24h