As the COVID-19 pandemic is still not stabilised, many international conferences have newly been postponed. After carefully reviewing the situation, the Scientific Organising Committee decided that the edition initially planned in St. Anton, Austria on January 30 – February 2, 2022, will finally be run as a virtual event on January 24 – 28, 2022.
The Alpine Winter Conference on Medicinal and Synthetic Chemistry exposes attending scientists to cutting edge synthetic and medicinal chemistry as well as latest developments in technologies that foster innovation in drug discovery. The main target audience for this highly interdisciplinary meeting will include medicinal and synthetic chemists, as well as related drug discovery disciplines from both industry and academia as well as graduate/undergraduate students and postdocs.
The conference topics will be maintained, and the Scientific Organising Committee is preparing an adapted scientific programme, that will be announced in a few days.
For each of the below topics, a slot in the programme will be available for an oral communication selected out of the submitted abstracts. In addition, an open MedChem session on "Drug Discovery Tales" will have 6 open slots for oral communications.
The Conference topics will include:
- Automation and Machine Learning Applications for Medicinal Chemistry
- Covalent Targeting: Innovating for the Future
- Drug Discovery Tales
- Increasing sp3 Fragment Options: Advances in the Synthesis of Small Ring Systems
- Methodologies to Understand Cellular Target Interaction
- Targeting Unstructured Proteins
- The "Catalytic Cycle" of Complex Molecule Synthesis and Methodology Development
- Understanding PK and PK/PD relationships in drug discovery - Target Mediated Drug Disposition
During the conference, you will have the opportunity to listen to our three keynote lecturers:
- Prof. Angela Koehler, MIT Koch Institute For Integrative Cancer Research, United States
- Prof. Paul Knochel, Ludwig Maximilian University, Germany
- Dr Wendy Young, MPM Capital, United States
The official symposium language is English.
Scientific Organising Committee
Dr Klemens HOEGENAUER, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Switzerland
Dr Karl Heinz KRAWINKLER, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Switzerland
Dr Antonia F. STEPAN, Roche, Switzerland
We are looking forward to e-welcoming you in our Virtual Conference Center!