The BOSS-conference is a unique international symposium as it combines lectures delivered by established organic chemists as well as younger rising stars with two prestigious events: a lecture delivered by the recipient of the “Janssen Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis”, and the “Tetrahedron Chair”: a one-day course on a specific topic in organic synthesis.
The BOSS will cover a broad range of timely topics of modern organic synthesis, including asymmetric synthesis, chemical biology, electrosynthesis, medicinal chemistry, organocatalysis, organometallic chemistry and catalysis, photocatalysis, reaction mechanisms, reactive intermediates, supramolecular chemistry, sustainable chemistry, total synthesis… and many more!
The BOSS XVII Symposium Programme will include:
- A one-day course by the recipient of the 2020 Tetrahedron Chair
- Prof. Eric Jacobsen (Harvard University, United States)
- A lecture delivered by the recipient of the 2020 Janssen Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis
- Prof. Phil Baran (The Scripps Research Institute, United States)
- A lecture delivered by the recipient of the 2022 Janssen Prize for Creativity in Organic Synthesis
- Prof. Frank Glorius (University of Münster, Germany)
- a series of 17 plenary lectures with ample time for discussion
- poster sessions
- an exhibition of scientific instruments, books and chemicals
- social activities
The official symposium language is English.
Participants will be requested to comply to the COVID-19 safety & health guidelines which will be applicable at the time of the event.
Use your social media to build excitement around the event! #BOSS_Symposium