How to Get There
Important: Please be careful to always refer to “Louvain-la-Neuve” and not “Louvain” (Leuven) when travelling as those are two different cities not far from each other.
Instructions on how to reach the AULA MAGNA Auditorium in Louvain-la-Neuve:
The train is the best method of transportation to arrive in Louvain-la-Neuve since the train station is located right in the heart of the urban center.
- From Brussels Airport (Zaventem), take the train to "Brussels South" station.
- From "Brussels South" station, take the Brussels–Namur–Luxembourg line. A transfer awaits you in "Ottignies" station to the "Louvain-la-Neuve University" terminal, the only train station serving this special line.
- From Charleroi Airport (Brussels South), take the Bus line A to "Charleroi" Station (direct link)
- Either you take the local train to "Louvain-la-Neuve University" that will bring you straight to the destination.
- Or you take the Namur–Liège line and stop at "Namur" Station and after the Luxembourg–Namur–Brussels line and take the transfer at "Ottiginies" station to the "Louvain-la-Neuve University" terminal.
Once at the “Louvain-la-Neuve University” train station:
- Cross the Place de l'Université (main square) diagonally to the main street Rue Charlemagne on the right hand side of the square.
- Walk down the main street to the Grand'Place.
- Cross the Grand'Place diagonally heading to the left and continue on 200 meters till you arrive at the Symposium venue.
Take the highway E411 Brussels–Namur–Luxembourg; Exit 8a Louvain-la-Neuve, to reach the urban center. 6,000 parking spots are available under the pedestrian center, but you will have to pay for them (approx. 12€/day). Free parking is available 24/7 in periphery.
The nearest paying parking is Parking Grand'Place or Parking Grand Rue, which you can access from the underground ring.
Once on the Grand'Place (main square), face the clock tower and take the street on the left of the clock tower and continue on 200 meters till you arrive at the Symposium venue.
With the support of