All EFMC-YMCS participants are invited to participate to the EFMC-YSN (Young Scientists Network) Soft-Skills Training Sessions & Networking Event:
- Thursday September 5, 2019
- 20:30: 2 short training sessions on:
- How to Boost Your Oral Presentation Skill, and Create a Good Slideshow
- Getting the job You Deserve!
Starting your career following postgraduate study can often look like a challenging even impossible step, with fierce competition for places and many talented applicants. However, there are simple things you can do which will dramatically improve your chance of getting an exciting and worthwhile position. Following a successful career as a medicinal chemist, Dave Alker spent 15 years as Recruitment Manager for Pfizer so come along and find out how you can improve your chances of getting the job you deserve
- 21:15: Networking Event, with the opportunity to interact with the keynote lecturers and some senior profiles of all horizons (Academia, Big Pharma, CRO's)
- Friday September 6, 2019
- 13:00: A training session on:
- Why Was My Paper Rejected? Tips from an Editor on How to Get Published
Have you ever wondered why your last journal submission was directly rejected? Or how editors pick referees and conduct peer review? Or what exactly do editors and publishing houses do? In this talk, Dr. David Peralta, Editor-in-Chief of ChemMedChem (a Wiley-VCH and ChemPubSoc Europe journal) talks from his experience as a scientific editor and opens up the "black box" of science publishing. Dr. Peralta will provide concrete tips on how to optimize your manuscript submission to journals and also how to deal with rejected papers. This is also a great opportunity to learn about editorial work, which is an excellent career option for those with graduate degrees in the sciences.
About the EFMC-YSN
The aim of the EFMC-YSN is to inspire
and provide opportunities
to medicinal chemists and chemical biologists in their Early Career. Membership is free of charge and open to all.
for more information on our activities!