The EuroQSAR Symposia have been taking place since 1973 and constitute the major scientific events in the field of computer-aided drug design & discovery, with further applications in agricultural and environmental sciences. The 2014 symposium will not only follow the tradition of previous events in presenting latest trends in QSAR and molecular modeling, it will also explore new grounds, such as integrated approaches and open innovation strategies in drug discovery.
The 20th EuroQSAR symposium, entitled Understanding Chemical-Biological Interactions, will include 9 plenary lectures and 28 oral communications to be selected from the submitted abstracts and will focus on:
- Chemical-Biological Space: Representation, Visualisation and Navigation
- Chemo- and Bioinformatics Approaches to Multi-Target (Q)SAR
- Modeling of Protein-Ligand Interactions: Structure, Function and Dynamics
- Assessing Ligand Binding Kinetics
- Computational Toxicology in Drug and Chemical Safety Assessment
- Translational Bioinformatics: From Genomes to Drugs
- Emerging QSAR and Modeling Methods
Two Special Meetings will be held on the last day of the Symposium:
- Seminar/Roundtable “(Q)SAR-Related European Initiatives”
- Hot topics “Modern Techniques in Computer-Aided Drug Discovery”
EuroQSAR-2014 Symposium is included into the list of official meetings of the EU-Russia Year of Science 2014.
The Scientific Programme will be completed by Company Workshops, a Poster Session, a Commercial Exhibition as well as an impressive Social Programme around Saint-Petersburg, capital of culture of Russia and a UNESCO landmark.
263 people from 38 countries registered for participation in the EuroQSAR-2014 Symposium (data on July 24, 2014). They include scientists from both Academy and Industry representing Big Pharma (Pfizer, Novartis, Sanofi-Aventis, AstraZeneca, Roche, J & J, GSK, Eisai, Boehringer Ingelheim, UCB Pharma, Merck KGaA, Bayer, etc.) and major software vendors (Accelrys, Certara, Schroedinger, Chemical Computing Group, OpenEye, Cresset, Simulations Plus, MEDIT, etc.).
We are looking forward to welcoming you at the Symposium!
Chairman of the EuroQSAR-2014 Symposium
Letter of the chairman about the local political situation